Summary: Hair fall or hair loss is a frustrating condition that has devastating psychological effects on men. Here are the basics of hair fall treatment for males.
Hair fall or loss is a frustratingly common condition that affects billions of men across the globe. Although this condition isn’t life-threatening, it can be life-altering for men. Thanks to advancements in hair fall treatment for males, men can deal with this condition and even regain their hair.
Whether your hair fall is caused by genetics, disease (e.g., thyroid), or medications – there are proven remedies for your problems. Here are a few amazing hair fall remedies for males that anyone can try to avert permanent hair fall.
Hair Fall Remedies – What Not to Do
Men can easily stop their hair fall-related problems by not engaging in certain practices or lifestyle choices. If you want your hair to stop thinning/falling, avoid the following at all costs –
- Not Eating Comprehensive Diets: Dietary deficiencies are the leading cause of hair fall in young men. Diets with insufficient amounts of iron, vitamins (Vitamins B and D in particular), and proteins cause hair follicles to weaken. If your diet is causing the weakening of your hair, address this issue immediately.
- Drinking Alcoholic Beverages: Alcohol dependency and hair loss are directly linked. Natural hair growth is fuelled by healthy blood circulation. Alcoholics have unhealthy blood circulation. Cutting down your alcohol intake can do wonders for your hair growth goals.
- Smoking: Just like alcohol, smoking cigarettes, marijuana, and other substances reduces the amount of blood circulation to the scalp region. Smokers experience stunted hair growth. They’re also likelier to experience hair fall at an early age.
- Taking Unsafe Medications: There are many “good” FDA-approved hair fall solutions for males. Only take approved medicines to treat your male pattern baldness. Ask your hair specialist to review the drugs you’re currently taking. Some day-to-day drugs contain chemicals that stunt natural hair growth. Try to cut these medications out of your regimen. Also, avoid all under-the-counter hair growth drugs. Don’t take any medications for male pattern hair loss unless approved by your doctor.
- Brushing Hair When It’s Wet: Your hair is at its weakest state when it’s wet. Excessive brushing will cause your wet and weak hair to rip out of your scalp pretty easily. Many people think undoing hair tangles while the hair is wet is a good idea. In truth, brushing wet hair tangles too frequently will increase hair loss.
- Take too Much Stress: Believe it or not, meditation is part of hair fall treatment for males. Why? Because there’s far too much medical evidence that suggests stress increases hair fall. De-stressing via meditation, yoga, etc., restores hormonal balance in men’s bodies, reducing their stress levels and their hair fall problems.
- Dehydration: Staying hydrated throughout the day increases the potential for natural hair growth. So, never avoid drinking at least eight to ten glasses of water every day.
Hair Fall Remedies – What to Do
Now that we know what practices and habits promote hair loss in men, let’s learn about some useful remedies.
- Take vitamins like Vitamin B and E to trigger healthy blood circulation to the scalp.
- Enrich your diet by adding protein-rich items like lean meats, fish, soy, etc., to boost your overall hair health.
- Get scalp massages with essential organic oils (e.g., olive oil, tea tree oil, etc.) to activate your hair follicles. Almond oil is also great for these massages.
- Take part in physical activities every week. Thirty minutes of swimming or walking will balance your hormonal levels, de-stress your muscles and reduce hair fall risks.
- Use shampoos that contain soothing agents like Aloe Vera or tea tree oil to keep your hair sweat and dandruff-free.
If these basic hair fall solutions for males don’t work for you, schedule an appointment with a hair specialist.