Well, PCOS-based hair loss is often considered to be a troubling symptom of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. It will focus on your physical and emotional well-being as well. Whether you seem to be suffering from more loose strands in the shower or an unwanted receding hairline, understanding why the hair loss takes place is more like winning half the battle. Once you are sure of the reason, finding the right solution becomes a lot easier then.
Is PCOS behind Hair Loss Among Women?
Hair loss is one of the symptoms of PCOS. It is mainly because of the extra androgenic hormones that people suffering from PCOS have. This extra hormonal overflow results in hair loss, hair thinning, acne, limp and lackluster hair, which remains dry and damaged and will break off easily.
- In medical terms, this form of hair loss is considered as female pattern baldness, and the treatment can get a bit tricky. Any kind of hormonal imbalance will lead to female baldness with some same characteristics.
- You can feel hair falling out in the parietal and frontal areas of the scalp. Even the hair in the parting area seems to be much thinner. And sometimes, the hairline starts to recede just above the temples.
- For addressing this issue, it is vital to first balance the level of hormones. Endocrinologists and gynecologists will perform a set of investigations and then provide the right recommendations for hormonal therapy.
Some of the Other Factors:
Apart from the PCOS section, there are some other factors, which can address major hair fall among women for sure. Some of those points are listed below for your reference.
- If you are suffering from iron deficiency or anemia, then the chances of female pattern baldness are towards the higher scale.
- Moreover, if you are on certain medications where hair fall is a side effect, then you will be a victim of it, no doubt.
- Some women are unfortunate enough to be suffering from chronic diseases or infections and will be victims of hair loss.
- Exposing your hair to extreme temperatures for long hours every day will also recede your hairline due to unstoppable hair fall.
- Stress is one of the major factors behind unwanted hair loss, so women have to curb that feeling of saving hair strands.
- Lack of proper vitamins and trace elements in the diet plan will result in hair loss. So, focusing on a healthy diet plan is one of the major points to consider.
The Symptoms of PCOS Based Hair Loss:
The PCOS hair loss will lead to shedding more hair daily. There are going to be more hair strands on furniture or clothes than the normal range. It will be pretty common for your hair to collect on pillowcases every night. In the shower, you will find unwanted hair clumps, which will address your needs now.
- PCOS hair loss will come in the form of root loss, where the total hair along with the follicle will come out. It can even occur due to breakage because of dry hair.
- Such hair strands are more prone to damage from brushing and heat. It means that your scalp remains visible, mainly near the crown and hairline areas.
- Sometimes, there might be more frizzes, which can also lead to hair breakage. The scalp will get drier and itchier as well.
- In PCOS hair loss, the hair fall will typically take place in the frontal-parietal region and will start to get thinner right in the middle!
So, for the best hair loss treatment in PCOS, consider procuring help from professionals. They know the best treatments like medicines and some home remedies for you to follow.